CGC SIGNATURE SERIES
Getting comic books signed by creators and artists has been a part of our industry since the beginning. Unfortunately they rarely come with a foolproof guarantee of authenticity, so many collectors consider it a risky pursuit.
CGC Signature Series is the solution!
Collectors can have their comic books, comic magazines, photographs and magazines signed by their favourite creators and artists in the presence of one of our CGC approved witnesses. These comics can then be authenticated, graded and certified under the prestigious CGC Signature Series yellow label.
Click here to see which creators we will be seeing soon for exclusive private signings. Updated regularly. Check back here often for updates.
Click here to see which conventions we will be attending this year. We recommend you check the appropriate shows website guest list for the conventions we are attending, to submit your book/s for a Signature Series yellow label.
Preparing your book/s for Signature Series submissions:
1) Open up the appropriate Signature Series form. To get your book/s signed by a creator we have a private signing with, you will find the appropriate form for the specific creator on the PRIVATE SIGNINGS page. For any other Signature Series submissions, for creators at the shows we will be attending (see the UPCOMING EVENTS page), please use the standard form below.
2) Fill in your form. This can be filled in by hand or online (on a desktop computer), by simply typing into the appropriate boxes. You can then print off your already filled in form/s and include this with your book/s. If you alternatively can only send by email, you can simply press PRINT and save as a PDF. This will save the form you have filled in. Always remember to save this way rather than download once filled in.
CLICK HERE FOR A FILLED IN FORM EXAMPLE.
3) Once you have filled in your forms, you must prepare your books. Please be aware that you must window bag your own books. See the video link below for guidance. If you request a specific pen colour, we cannot always guarantee this will be possible. However, we will take great care in getting your book/s signed at all times.
CLICK HERE FOR A HELPFUL VIDEO FOR HOW TO MAKE COMIC BOOK SIGNATURE WINDOWS, WITH THANKS TO COMIC VANTAGE.
4) All books must have your name, date of issue (mm/yy) issue number and the name of creator/celebrity to sign it written on the backing board.
5) Once you have completed all of the above, please include all together and send to us, using the address shown at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you protect your book/s with the best packaging possible. We are not responsible for how your book/s get to us, so please do ensure great care is taken in the packaging process.
6) We recommend you always send your package/s signed and recorded, to ensure that we receive your book/s without any problems.
7) Once your book/s are in our hands, sit back, relax, and enjoy what is to come (okay, maybe do a bit of work and your usual house chores too)! We will ensure that we will go above and beyond to provide you with the best service in the business. Remember, you can always contact us at anytime for any queries or concerns.
We are here to help you own something special and dear to you. See our WHY GRADE? page for more information on why we feel grading is the way forward for your collectables.
CGC SIGNATURE SERIES PRICES
1.ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE YOUR NAME WRITTEN ON THE BACKING BOARD AND THE RELEASE DATE (MM/YY) ISSUE NUMBER AND THE TITLE AND ARTIST FOR VIRGINS AND VARIANTS, THIS HELPS US REDUCE THE HANDLING OF YOUR ITEMS.
2. EACH SUBMISSION TIER MUST BE ON SEPARATE FORM AND HAVE THEIR OWN RETURN POSTAGE CALCULATED DUE TO DIFFERING COMPLETION TIMES.
3. PLEASE DO NOT MIX TIERS / PRESSING OR LABELS MUST BE ON SEPARATE FORMS.
4. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A £2.00 CHARGE FOR GRADER NOTES.
5. NO P. O. BOXES ADDRESSES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
6. CASE CRACKING FEE £5.00 PER UNIT / WINDOW BAGGING £2.50 PER UNIT.
7. FOR CONVENTIONS THERE IS A £10 QUEUING FEE PER CREATOR.
All courier shipments are sent by UPS signed for, tracked and fully insured service.
Set your slabs apart with character labels. Only available with grading or reholder service.
If your current slab has a crack or scratch, we can send it away to CGC and have it re-holdered so it looks new.
CCS PRESSING SERVICE
We no longer offer this service.
CGC SS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that Comic Book Grading is conducted solely by CGC. Scott’s Collectables does not guarantee and is not responsible for any grading discrepancies. Should you be unhappy with the Grade of your book, please contact CGC directly. Contact details can be found on their website www.cgccomics.com.
Scott's Collectables is an authorised dealer and facilitator for CGC. Liability commences with Scott's Collectables when your comic books are in our possession and until they are returned and 'signed-for' by you or others authorised by you at the address provided on the Scott's Collectables Signature Series Celebrity Form. Scott's Collectables is not responsible for any damage, loss or negligence which occurs outside of this time period.
During transit all books are insured under our policy. This policy insures up to £60,000.
Damage during transit must be reported to Scott's Collectables (via email@example.com) within 5 working days of delivery to the address you provided.
Customers who choose to ship items to Scott's Collectables will do so securely so that items do not incur damage through inadequate packing. We advise that you send these items 'signed-for' in order to track your items journey to us.
Scott's submission forms are designed to be filled in on a computer. If you choose to complete by hand, customers agree to fill out Scott's Collectables Submission Forms clearly and completely in BLOCK CAPITALS. Forms will not be submitted if hand written text is incomplete or illegible. If a mistake is made, please place a single line though the text and continue in the next available space. If unsure, please complete a new form, following the guidelines above.
If asked to crack open a slab to obtain a signature, Scott's Collectables are not liable for any re-slabbing fee or change of grade if the signature cannot be obtained (Celebrity cancelling appearance, Lines being closed, etc.)
CGC ‘Turn-around’ times are correct at time of going to press. CGC ‘turn-around’ times are subject to change and are dependent on CGC’s workload. Scott’s Collectables does not have any influence on these ‘turn-around’ times and are therefore not responsible for any changes. We will endeavor to keep you up to date with any changes, but please see the CGC website for further information.
Customers agree that payment to Scott's Collectables will be made before signatures are obtained.
If books are signed without being witnessed by the official CGC Representative, they will not be eligible to be submitted to CGC by Scott's Collectables. This is to maintain the validity and credibility of our service.
Prices for Scott's Collectables Signature Series services, additional signatures and P&P are correct at time of going to press. These are subject to change.
Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Scott’s Collectables, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days of receipt of goods and we will endeavor to address the problem.
Customers agree that when payment is made for any Scott's Collectables Signature Series service, they are agreeing to all terms and conditions laid out in items 1-13.